Tuesday 30 August 2011

Relationships

They have always, always, always confused me. I don't really get them. I don't know why people do them a lot of the time, I don't always see any real benefit. But now I find that due to a single text messege, I have plummetted head first into one.

So a while back, I made the acquaintence of a girl called Moina, who is a huge nerd, an exceptionally talented singer and one of those people who will talk for absolute hours and hours without stopping for that handy breathing thing.

She's brilliant, really.

I don't want to sound like I'm gushing or anything, because I still don't quite know why all this has happenned or what happens next, all I know is that this all kinda new and a bit terrifying, but I think I see now what the upside is.

And I don't just mean the physical part, although that's terrifyingly worth it. I think it's just being able to express those things you keep in the back of your mind and don't normally share. It helps sometimes, I think.

Of course, everyone else already knows this. I haven't been in a relationship since I was 20, and I'm now 27. So all this is kinda like a refresher course in humans, I guess, what the other gender are actually like. Sort of. A bit.

We'll see how it goes, eh?

THE PRINCESS OF MONTPENSIER.

Well, this was a Swashbuckler if ever I saw one. Set in the late 1500's, during the many, many wars between the Catholic Church and the Huguenots, this film is the adaptation of a novella written in the 1600's about a young woman who is forced to marry a well-to-do young noble, while being hopelessly in love with another. Our main character however, is the veteran turned deserter who is recruited to be our Princess' instructor in all things nobility.

It's a classic story, a little heavy handed, but I especially enjoyed watching the central princes fighting over the hand of a girl who was not especially worth it and the depictions of the wars around them. The central character, Marie, did have a splendid development, we see her go from spoiled noble girl to being forced to gain an understanding of the world she's inherited and how she outgrew both of her squabbling princes.

The only real bitch of it was that I had to miss the last five minutes and I can't seem to find a plot synopsis or review online that'll tell me what happenned, so I guess I'll just have to buy the sodding thing on DVD at some point.

Next up: CAPTAIN

Wait for it

AMERICA, THE FIRST AVENGER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment