Wednesday 17 August 2011

Single-Track Mind

So, it appears that not even I'm interested in my other blog, seeing as how I'm pretty rubbish at actually thinking of things to say for it. I may... *may*... come back to it at some point, but for now I think I'll leave it and concentrate on actually posting on this one. For some reason I only ever seem to update this thing in clumps of four posts.

I've always had something of a multi-track mind, I normally like to have more than one thing going on at any given time, but recently I've been finding that difficuly. Maybe I'm just getting old (he says, being 27), maybe I'm just getting tired of it all. Eh, how many people even read this blog anyway? Does it really matter to anyone but me? Or even me?

So if see another TV series that I really want to talk about, I'll do it in this blog. Sound fair?

POTICHE.

Now, apart from actually being a decent Orange Advert, I didn't know much about this film. It features the incredible nose of Gerard Depardieu, the firm, mature backside of Catherine Deneuve and the gentle, funny, reassuring feel that I have come to expect from French Romantic Comedies.

Genuinely, I'll only watch Rom-Coms if they're French these days, there's just something that the cheese-eating surrender monkeys know about this genre better than the rest of us. I've certainly never seen an American or British one as accomplished as Amilie or Priceless or even this, Potiche.

It's based around women's rights and their role in the workplace, it's got some wickedly funny innuendo and it's upbeat and lighthearted. What more can I say about it?

Next is: The Princess of Montpensier.

No comments:

Post a Comment