Saturday 30 June 2012

Rose Tinted Sunglasses

So last sunday I had to get up at 6:45 am (bearing in mind I only got in from work at about 2:00 am), in order to go and paint the hallway in my flat in southampton. My faithful tennents asked if they could have it a different colour from palest blue, so we opted for magnolia. We also needed to cover the signs of water damage that had been left by the upstairs flat's leaky bathtub.

Now, the week before that, I'd been in southampton again, just to see my friends from uni, hang out and revisit old haunts. Also nice to know that in both the property I rent for myself and the property I own, I have to sleep on the sofa. There are no beds for me, it would seem. That's as aside, however. I got to see Macina, Will, Coates, Kerry, KC, Mel and Nick, so good times.

Makes me wonder, really, how much do I miss my three years at uni? When we were at kareoke night, the faces were all pretty much the same, nothing had really changed. Me and Will went for a walk around the uni grounds and they haven't really changed at all. The Fat Cat is the same, Cineworld is the same, Forbidden Planet is the same, my flat is still the same (cluttered and not really mine).

So, do I miss it?

Yeah, guess I do.

I wanted to leave uni and have my life change, wanted to make the most of the education that I'd spent the last three years working on. Instead, I came back home, did the same two jobs that I'd been doing before, it's just this time I was living with friends, rather than family. And now that I think about it, life has changed. I'm a different person to what I was before I started uni. My Dad even commented so, and if he says it, it must be true. So I'll take what I've learned and maybe I'll get to put it into practice. For now, I'm coasting along.


Just like when I was at uni...


ROCK OF AGES

Heh. Heheheh.

That's about all I can really say to sum up this movie. It's good fun, it's worth a watch, but don't expect to be blown away by it. Your standard Glee dropout lead boy and lead girl are about as interesting and well acted as a wooden bedpost, the plot is pretty pants, but all in all, it's actually quite enjoyable. Why is this? This is for the music.

There's a lot of really, really good music in this film, as you'd expect. There's a lot of really, really unsuspecting people singing that music, as well. Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, Alec Bawldin, Mary J. Bligh and Tom Frickin' Cruise are all rocking out the tunes in this one, and even though half of them clearly can't sing all that well, it's good.


To be honest, the Cruise Missile is the reason to see this movie, I mean, awesome performance as well from Paul Giamatti (for he is the master of his own face), but yeah, the Cruise sells this one and fair play to him. I recommend it just to see him playing a jaded, alcoholic rock star with a devil face codpiece. ('I am on stage'... priceless moment).


So yeah, that's about all I can say about it, other than they probably didn't need to put Walt in it. Bryan Cranston, that's who I mean. Yeah, kinda unneccessary.


Next time: MEN IN BLACK 3

No comments:

Post a Comment