Tuesday 31 July 2012

Aches and Strains

So I finished watching Smallville and I've been going to the gym a lot. That's pretty much all I've got going for me at the moment and I can't really think of much else to say that doesn't relate to my views on the film I'm about to talk about.

So.... yeah, just the film then.

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN

While I'm certain that the title 'The Acceptable Spiderman' or possibly 'The Average Spiderman' don't sound quite so inspiring or as likely to sell tickets, they probably would have been more apt in describing the film. I mean, this isn't a terrible film, in fact I actually quite liked it, but it's nothing groundbreaking or in any way all that 'amazing'.

I liked the majority of the cast, although I wasn't sure about Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey, there's something in her voice that indicates she's much older than the teenager she's supposed to be portraying. I mean, I know that's pretty much par for the course in teenage movies (they're all played by 30 year olds), but something made the disbelief unsuspend.

The choice of villain was interesting, but I feel that the Lizard's face looked kinda wrong, there was something unintimidating about the shape of its mouth, coulda done with more jaw, I think. His plot was reasonable, but there was very little justification for many of his actions. When you think about it, Lizards a cold blooded and therefore have no real emotions and that kind of makes it work, it's just they never said any of that in the movie. The decision to keep Norman Osborne off the screen probably wasn't a great one, but they didn't want him overshadowing the film, I suppose.

It's long, but I didn't feel like I was being forced to sit through it, I felt more like I was getting my money's worth. It's worth a watch, I think, but if you can't be bothered then I won't blame you, the Tobey McGuire ones are still just as okay. Well, not the third one, lets not talk about the third one.

Next up: The Source

No comments:

Post a Comment